[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 19:00:52 UTC 2009

R P Herrold wrote:

>> project, just the PR vibes here. You aren't giving people the warm
>> fuzzies about the project's ability to survive when you make it come
>> across as having a stranglehold of control.
>
> I missed the memo -- what do we have a stranglehold on?

Remember, I'm just commenting on appearances and wording, but all you
have to do is read this thread to see that there are people offering to
help and being refused.  And meanwhile there are things that aren't on
schedule.  Or maybe there isn't a schedule - or maybe no one is supposed
to expect one.

>> We'd feel better if you shared your contingency plans.
>
> I've done that repeatedly -- either people do not read, or
> will not believe what we write.  Nothing of human creation
> cannot be all things to all people and it is foolish to think
> otherwise.

That was in response to Johnny's comment about having to personally know
someone before they would be allowed to touch anything in the
repository.  What if something happens to Johnny?  Is there a bigger
picture?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com