[CentOS] CentOS Project Infrastructure

Ian Murray murrayie at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 9 13:08:18 UTC 2009

>People who do not understand the technical issues involved do not see
>why we can't just snap our fingers and put out the packages ... well, we
>can't.

What you explain makes perfect sense and so thanks for taking the time to explain. I was only basing my understanding on what Karanbir wrote on an earlier posting, which suggests that it can be done, although I am not sure how given your explanation.

(http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2009-July/079311.html)

Geoff Galitz wrote:
> If I understand this correctly... we have critical updates with patches
> available but they are waiting about a week before they become available in
> the form of Centos 4.8?

you need to evaluate if they are relevant to your install or not.

> Is that accurate?

yup. We have already looked into the possibility of getting updates out
during a point release cycle, and will prolly be moving to that process
with the next point release ( 5.4 ).

--
Karanbir Singh