[CentOS] How to Contribute to CentOS was: CentOS Project Infrastructure

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Aug 9 15:15:13 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 08, 2009 at 06:52:09AM -0400, R P Herrold wrote:
> Here as well, we differ -- CentOS at its core is about boring, and
> stable and conservative as a core value.  You are in the wrong place
> if you think otherwise.  It makes a fine BASE to build on, as Dag's
> archive has long demonstrated, but there is NOT a good fit for a
> beginner to start doing invasive changes to get 'the latest and
> greatest' to compile.  That is the 'rap' as to Axel's archive, and
> why people end up frustrated using it and moan and groan about their
> ignorance and NOT READING our clear warnings on the wiki's
> Repositories page

I'm not sure I understand correctly, does that mean that you imply
ATrpms is doing invasive changes to CentOS/RHEL and people using it
end up frustrated while ATrpms is showing ignorance towards them?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net