[CentOS] ASP Pages?

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Mon Aug 10 14:26:06 UTC 2009

ML wrote:

> Is there any way I can host his site on my Linux Server? Without re-
> writing it for him....

There used to be a project called ChiliSoft ASP that did this, but it
appears that Sun bought them and then killed the product.

As John R. Pierce noted, if his site is actually using ASP.NET, and not
the old original ASP, it may be that Mono could help you, as long as his
code isn't digging too deeply into Windows specifics.

If it does end up that you really need a rewrite, Apache::ASP runs fine
on CentOS and uses the same sort of programming model:

	http://apache-asp.org/

It's not moved forward in quite a while, and it uses Perl as its
programming language instead of Visual Basic, but it's perhaps got the
the lowest barrier to entry for your friend.