[CentOS] A bit more on the Firefox 3.5.issue

Ron Blizzard rb4centos at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 04:02:10 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Johnny Hughes<johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> I have Firefox 3.5 (the mozilla.com version) on CentOS 5.3 using an
> Intel card and it has caused X to restart on a couple of occasions.
>
> I am shifting back to the 3.0 version in the repo.

A great test page for the bug it is right on CentOS.org. If you go to...

http://wiki.centos.org/Newsletter

...and choose one of the three "Published Issues" links of the CentOS
Pulse it'll crash every time (if you've got the problem). When I had
Firefox 3.5 on my computer it either rebooted (or sometimes logged
out) -- but it works fine under 3.0.12. I had my brother test it, and
it crashed for him, too. The only other links I had trouble when using
Firefox 3.5 were on eBay.

I have no idea what's on these pages that would trigger this problem.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.3