[CentOS] [Off-list] Slow IDE on GeForce 8200 board

Ian Murray murrayie at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 11 09:55:12 UTC 2009

Okay, I stand corrected. Not new to the net, though...  and I know threading is not done per subject. I just don't use lists that much and I definitely don't use threading. Fifteen years of internet emailing and you're the first to complain.

To be honest, mistake or otherwise, I didn't appreciate the public telling off. An off-list email would have been more appropriate. In fact, you hijacked a thread to tell me off. No doubt there is a bit of 'afters' from the conversation about CentOS structure. All I am trying to do is make the distribution better. My big concern is that the project should be bigger than the individuals. This does not appear to be the case, in CentOS's case. I guess if you are happy to wait two months for critical security updates to appear because a CentOS developer went on his honeymoon, then that's okay. Don't begrudge anyone their honeymood, far from it, but that isn't the point.

As has been stated many times, it was the devs themselves that highlighted the risk an individual poses to the project, and now it is 'sorted' from their end they can't understand why trust is not immediately returning.