[CentOS] Python 2.4 64-bit problem w/CentOS5.3?

Christopher Thorjussen Christopher.Thorjussen at carrot.no
Tue Aug 11 15:48:15 UTC 2009

I ran into this problem as well. My system suddenly made python depend on tomcat5-admin-webapps which in turn wanted to drag down the entire tomcat55 and java packages etc, total of 79 extra packages and 119MB.

'yum clean all' fixed it. Now only the python was flagged for download and upgrade :)

/Christopher Thorjussen