[CentOS] OT: Firefox SSL error on Linux, Firefox OK on Windows - same web site

Lanny Marcus

Wed Aug 12 11:24:30 UTC 2009

Using CentOS 5.3 (32 bit) on my Desktop with Mozilla Firefox 3.0.12.
With one web site (LinkShare) I am getting an SSL error, after
clicking to get a more advanced report  I do not get that error, using
Mozilla Firefox 3.0.13 on M$ Windows and I get the report OK on
Windows. It appears, when using Firefox on Linux, that it is not
ending up on the LinkShare web site and Firefox is giving me the below
error. I use OpenDNS.com for DNS service. Question: How can I verify
that there is no corruption in my Firefox installation on Linux and
that I have the latest SSL CAs for it?  TIA!  Lanny

Secure Connection Failed

analytics.linksynergy.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for *.opendns.com

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

    * This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it
could be someone trying to impersonate the server.

    * If you have connected to this server successfully in the past,
the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

          Or you can add an exception…

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.12) Gecko/2009072711
CentOS/3.0.12-1.el5.centos Firefox/3.0.12