[CentOS] disable virtual terminals during kickstart installation

James A. Peltier jpeltier at fas.sfu.ca
Wed Aug 12 19:35:35 UTC 2009

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, Brian Mathis wrote:

> Those terminals are started in the inittab file.  Looks for the
> "mingetty" lines.

Clicked send to quickly.  I know that the file name that I am looking for
is inittab, however, none of the image files seem to contain it. In fact,
after the kickstart installation has begun and the virtual terminals
become available there is no /etc/inittab, so it would seem to me that
this would need to be created *or* that it is looking at/for something
else.  Can anyone confirm how I can disable the CTRL+ALT+F2 terminal
window during installation?  It poses a security risk for unattended
installs.

--
James A. Peltier
Systems Analyst (FASNet), VIVARIUM Technical Director
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.fas.sfu.ca | http://vivarium.cs.sfu.ca
           http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier
MSN     : subatomic_spam at hotmail.com