[CentOS] disable virtual terminals during kickstart installation

James Pearson james-p at moving-picture.com
Wed Aug 12 19:42:27 UTC 2009

James A. Peltier wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to figure out where the inittab is for a pxeboot/kickstart
> installation so that I can disable virtual terminals that allow for
> interactive input such as CTRL+ALT+F2.  I've looked in the /etc
> directories for the pxeboot initrd as well as the stage2 and minstg2
> files.  Am I missing something grossly obvious here?

I think this is all handled by the 'loader' binary that is the first
stage of the install.

However, the anaconda docs state that there is a boot command option:

  noshell         Do not put a shell on tty2 during install.

see:
<http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Installation_Guide-en-US/s1-kickstart2-startinginstall.html>

James Pearson