[CentOS] LDAP useradd command?

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 19:13:32 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 15:00, Eric B.<ebenze at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there an equivalent of a useradd for systems that are using LDAP user
> management?  I know I can build an LDIF file and import it, but it is a bit
> of a pain to do it manually all the time.

You can try "libuser", it's available in CentOS 5 (yum install
libuser) and apparently has support for LDAP.

"libuser" is an attempt to generalize the useradd/mod/del,
groupadd/mod/del commands to work with generic backends. The
implementation includes a module to work with an LDAP backend, I just
don't know how functional/stable it is...

You can start by installing the package and having a look at
/etc/libuser.conf, and at the commands luseradd, lgroupadd, ... (the
same ones you already use, only with the "l" prefix.)

For more information: https://fedorahosted.org/libuser/

HTH,
Filipe