[CentOS] How to create a tun-device with CentOS packages only?

Andreas Rogge a.rogge at solvention.de
Mon Aug 17 22:55:45 UTC 2009

Am Montag, den 17.08.2009, 08:15 -0400 schrieb Jason Pyeron:

> So to get a clarification, because I am dense. Do you need to have the drivers
> insmoded or just have the /dev entries to make OMSA crash?
Neither, I can have the driver loaded and in /dev/net/tun. The problem
only arises once you create a tun-device (i.e. openvpn --mktun --dev
tun1) and vanishes when you remove it again.

> Remember your request was to find a "supported" config that causes OMSA to not
> work, so they fix it.
I finally found another way: it also fails if there's a ppp device, so
it can be reproduced with "supported" stuff: Call pppd, call omreport
and see it die.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Andreas