[CentOS] Compiz window manager?

Toralf Lund

toralf.lund at pgs.com
Tue Aug 18 13:55:23 UTC 2009

Has anyone here tried the Compiz window manager under CentOS 5? I just
thought I might give it a go, but when I executed "compiz --replace", I
got a segfault. This was using the version from the CentOS yum
repositories, and logged in to the GNOME desktop. My graphics driver is
the proprietary one from NVIDIA. I tried adding

    Option      "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
    Option      "DisableGLXRootClipping" "True"

to xorg.conf as this was suggested somewhere on the net, but it didn't
make any difference.

Any ideas what's wrong?

- Toralf

This e-mail, any attachments and response string may contain proprietary information, which are confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is for the intended recipient only and if you are not the intended recipient or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachment immediately.  If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, forward, copy, print or rely in this e-mail in any way except as permitted by the author.