[CentOS] LDAP useradd command?

Filipe Brandenburger filbranden at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 17:07:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:50, Eric B.<ebenze at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Any suggetsions / ideas?

I believe you have to copy the certificate to /etc/openldap/cacerts/
in the LDAP client. The certificate file name there is special, it
should be hashed from the certificate data... I believe the easiest
way to install it there is using the "authconfig" command and
specifying the certificate URL.

You should also have TLS_CACERTDIR /etc/openldap/cacerts on
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf (not only /etc/ldap.conf, they are different!)

I also did not have much luck with self-signed certificates with LDAP,
I had to create a self-signed certificate for a "dummy" CA, and then
use that certificate to sign a certificate for the LDAP server with
the server's name as a cn.

I believe you should be able to test it using "ldapsearch" with the
"-Z" and "-ZZ" options in order to require TLS and see if that works.
I suggest you first get that part working fine before going on with
your libuser configuration...

LDAP with TLS is kind of a pain to set up... but once it is running it
really works OK.

HTH,
Filipe