[CentOS] fasttest mirror -doesnt seem to pick sites near my region

Oliver Ransom oliver at ransom.com.au
Sat Aug 22 13:16:53 UTC 2009

On 22/08/2009, at 10:37 PM, Linux Advocate wrote:

> i have tried yum clean all , yum clean metadata....

Hi Linux Advocate,

I have found this a problem for the Australian servers I manage as
well. I suggest you manually test the speed of some local mirrors then
manually specify a mirror rather than relying on the fastest mirror
plugin.

If your ISP mirrors content locally then that'd be the logical mirror
to use.

Good luck,
Oliver