[CentOS] self signing certificates

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Aug 24 13:32:00 UTC 2009

hi all,

I have gone through the process of self signing certificates.
Aside from the pop-ups about not trusted etc... everything appears to work.

For "internal" applications what do people/places do?
It would be nice to be seamless and have the "your not trusted" window
pop-up.
Yet this is not a public web site either. Just internal use.
The server might be on the internet but people from the internet are not
using it.

I presume there is no way to by-pass the certificate signing process -
even for internal apps.
Is there?

Thanks,

Jerry