[CentOS] Auto update

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue Aug 25 11:37:13 UTC 2009

Morrien, Rob wrote:

> Hello,  at this moment we use redhat and centos on mylaptop.
> I upgraded from centos 5.2 to 5.3.
> I have something strange, my auto update is not running any more, if
> I start the update process manually and it is working.
> If i do a clean install of centos 5.3  on a pc or laptop it is working.
>
> My question is why is the auto update not running any more afther the
> update process.

There are several different ways to do auto updates.

Are you talking about the graphical auto update that runs as an applet
near the date (defaults to the right hand side of the top tool bar of
CentOS)?

If so, in CentOS 5.3 that package is called pirut and the individual
file that runs is called puplet.

It seems that puplet is not working correctly after the upgrade to 5.3,
according to this bug:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3565

I get the same thing when running puplet from the commandline on my machine.

We are looking at this issue now.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes