[CentOS] Samba "use sendfile" configuration option set do disabled as default - why?

Rick Barnes linux at sitevision.com
Tue Aug 25 12:11:19 UTC 2009

happymaster23 wrote:
> My question is why is this option disabled as default in CentOS?

I believe you are not getting the answer you seek because you are not
asking the right question to the right people.

The right question is "Why is this option disabled as default in
*RHEL*?" The right people to ask this question is Red Hat.

I doubt the CentOS builders are arbitrarily changing this default
setting, but feel free to grab the upstream srpm and show me that I'm wrong.

Rick