[CentOS] saslauthd

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Aug 26 10:31:21 UTC 2009

Michael Kress wrote on Wed, 26 Aug 2009 11:13:34 +0200 (CEST):

> oh, I forgot to mention - of course I already tried that one:
> saslauthd -d  -a pam -O /usr/lib64/sasl2/smtpd.conf -r -l

I may be wrong, but I would think that this still won't work. If you use
pam or shadow saslauth should use system users and not check the sasldb.

We are using Dovecot for POP/IMAP and so I use it for SASL authentication
since CentOS 5 as well. That has worked out-of-the-box since I first tried
it. I see you want to use Cyrus. I've no experience with saslauthd and
postfix, I used to use it only with sendmail and I remember that we had
tiny problems to get it running with about every second setup back then.
If it doesn't matter which POP/IMAP server you use I would recommend going
with Dovecot.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany