[CentOS] Need httpd / apache RPM > 2.2.3 for 5.3

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:48:51 UTC 2009

Hmmmm, OK, I get it.

I know I can build the latest Apache on CentOS, and what we currently
do is put it into /usr/local - which I guess works.

I'd really prefer to have an RPM though.

Certainly the CentOS team as a way in which they produce this RPM.
Is this method public?  And if so, is it easy to obtain, and run
against the latest Apache source code to produce my own RPM?

thanks,
-Alan