[CentOS] looking for RAID 1+0 setup instructions?

Rudi Ahlers rudiahlers at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 19:59:05 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Miguel Medalha<miguelmedalha at sapo.pt> wrote:

>> Yet, I can't setup the RAID 10 they talk about, I only have RAID0,
>> RAID1, RAID5 & RAID6 in the setup options, which is why I'm thinking
>> of doing this another way.
>>

> Then maybe there is something wrong with your partitioning scheme or
> even physical layout. What drives do you have and how are they
> partitioned? How are they physically connected?

Sure, that's the first thing to check :)

I have 4x 250GB HDD's, and I partitioned them as follows:

/dev/sda1 - 100MB type software RAID
/dev/sda2 - 4096MB type swap
/dev/sda3 - 240GB type software RAID

/dev/sdb1 - 100MB type software RAID
/dev/sdb2 - 4096MB type swap
/dev/sdb3 - 240GB type software RAID

/dev/hdb1 - 100MB type software RAID
/dev/hdb2 - 4096MB type swap
/dev/hdb3 - 240GB type software RAID

/dev/hdd1 - 100MB type software RAID
/dev/hdd2 - 4096MB type swap
/dev/hdd3 - 240GB type software RAID

Now, from here I should have been able to create a RAID 10 device from
/sda3, sdb3, hdb3, hdd3 - but RAID 10 isn't available.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers