[CentOS] Run GNU screen as a normal user

Sat Aug 29 18:29:49 UTC 2009
Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) <matt.baluyos.lists at gmail.com>

Hi guys,

I am currently looking for a workaround with regards to running screen
as a normal user.

When I try to run it, I get the following:

[mbaluyos at mla torrents]$ screen
Cannot open your terminal '/dev/pts/0' - please check.

To get around this, I had to chmod 777 /dev/pts/0. It's an insecure
hack so I'm looking for the right way of doing it.

Would anyone be able to guide me as to how I can run screen the way
normal users should run it?

This behavior just seemed to happen with CentOS 5.3. I remember not
running into such issues on an older CentOS/screen version.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.