[CentOS] what is the best way to delete so many queue files?

Sat Aug 29 11:28:13 UTC 2009
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

MontyRee schrieb:
> Hello, all.
>

> I found that so many unnessary queue files are saved at /var/spool/clientmqueue/ directory.
>

> I tested two way to delete these files.
>
> 1.
> # rm -rf /var/spool/clientmqueue/*
>
> 2.
> # cd /var/spool/clientmqueue/ ; find . | xargs rm -fv
>
> But this makes a few load of the system and took too much time to delete.
>
> What is the best way to delete fast without too much load?
>

> Thanks in advance.

My first question is: why do you have so many queued messages in the
clientmqueue? This is not normal! Is that a result of excessive testing?

About how many mail in clientmqueue are we speaking?

The source of Sendmail ships with a tool called qtool.pl. Unfortunately
CentOS and upstream does not package it with the sendmail.rpm. Of course
it will not bypass a situation with lots of queue files in the
submission queue.

So, first check why you have need to delete so many queue files.

Alexander