[CentOS] ldapsearch -f file doesn't work

Sergio Belkin

sebelk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 12:42:50 UTC 2009

Hi,

Firstly, system info:

Linux mysystem 2.6.18-53.1.4.el5 #1 SMP Fri Nov 30 00:45:55 EST 2007
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I am running ldap on Centos with packages openldap-2.3.27-8.el5_2.4 y
openldap-2.3.27-8.el5_2.4
I'd want to perform a query that return one attribute. So I did
something as follows:

ldapsearch -W  -f qbis.ldif -D "cn=Manager,dc=palermo,dc=edu" -b
"ou=people,dc=mydomain,dc=edu" -x  legajo

(Where legajo is the filter)

There is no problem with filter but wih the file "qbis.ldif" which contains:

dn: uid=jdoe,ou=people,dc=mydomain,dc=edu

Of course I could perform that query with no need of one file, but I
need to get "legajo" from around 800 users so it would be nice to be
able to use "-f file". I cannot do something like a "loop for" because
it would ask me every time the Manager password.

Am I doing something wrong or is a ldap bug?

Thanks in advance!
Open Kairos http://www.openkairos.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com
Sergio Belkin -