[CentOS] OT: How can I tell if a web site is now blocking IPs frommy country?

Mon Dec 7 00:57:07 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Ross Cavanagh <cavanagh at intalio.com> wrote:
> wrote:
>> >
>> > Try using a few traceroute servers to see if other IP addresses
>> > from Colombia other countries are able to get to them.
>> >
>> > Other than that, I don't think you can tell from the
>> > outside.
>>
>> Neil: Thank you!  I didn't know trace route servers existed. From the
>> below, it looks to me as if there may be  a problem, at the router
>> past the last one I was able to get to, since the University of
>> Maryland and Careleton University trace route servers also got stuck,
>> just past where I got stuck. Possibly it's intermittent, since the
>> site is showing "up" and I was able to get to it, using an Anonymous
>> Web Browser. Snow in Houston?    :-)    Lanny

<snip>
>> [lanny at dell2400 ~]$ ping mobile-review.com
>> PING mobile-review.com (217.65.6.13) 56(84) bytes of data.
>> (and it dies there)
>>
> not exactly what your after, but handy sometimes.
>
> http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
>
> -Ross-

Ross: That's probably the first place I checked and it showed  that
web site was "up" and then I was able to access it, via an anonymous
web browser service. At first, I thought maybe they were blocking
Colombian IPs, or, that I had a problem with the Caching DNS in my
IPCop box, but, now, I believe there is a connectivity problem, in
Russia.  I will try to contact them, so they can troubleshoot the
networking problem.   Lanny