[CentOS] how to do startup scripts?

Roland Roland

R_O_L_A_N_D at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 7 19:53:11 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've just finished installing Atlassian's bamboo
it comes with two ways to start it up one through a bash shell script bamboo.sh
and another through java script (this one is better as it has the ability to start up the service if it got shutdown for any reason)

so I'm wondering how can I set this service to start on boot..
I know how to set a script on login in my profile though not on boot..

any suggestion?
I've looked around about none interactive shells and so on.. so if I did a symbolic link from bamboo.sh script to /etc/init.d would that work?
what about variables inside the script would they b read ?

obviously a newbie here so appreciate any detailed explanation if possible about interactive/ none interactive shells and of course if theres an advice about how to solve this issue..

PS: trying to educate myself about linux along the way so any explanation would be greatly appreciated...