[CentOS] Screen capture in Terminal

Mark Caudill markca at codelulz.com
Thu Dec 10 17:16:49 UTC 2009

Rick Barnes wrote:
> On 12/10/2009 08:05 AM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> I don't see how to do it.
>>
>> I had to telnet into a firewall and run a trace, and I had to stop it,
>> copy and paste to gedit, then start again, etc.
>>
>> I find it interesting, and sad, that there is no easy 'output to file'
>> profile setting.
>
> man script

Hi all. I'm new on this list but I think this might help. If you start
screen first, enable logging (default ^a H) then run telnet and your
commands, it will create a screenlog.X (where X is the screen number)
file. Mileage may vary depending on how the data is being output to the
terminal but it's worth s try.

--
Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window.
   - Steve Wozniak