[CentOS] CentOS DHCP Server

Kemp, Larry Larry.Kemp at usmetrotel.com
Mon Dec 14 15:45:50 UTC 2009

Dnsmasq...good lightweight program that works in many instances. This was a very good lesson for me to first do a less on /etc/services before I bother the group with questions (noob mistake). I just configured BIND to handle my DNS requests. This particular box is a hybrid/appliance of sorts that we are working on in a lab. It functions as a firewall between the Internet and a private /24 LAN running iptables. It runs Aterisk for internal/external SIP communications with a hacked up interface of Spencer's code to have a branded look. Internally it runs DHCP for phones and PC's and DNS for internal LAN and Internet resolution of hosts. And Apache an TFTP for booting of SIP-phone-filesystems and logos on the phones. Probably a much better/faster/lighter way to do it all but it serves test purposes for now. Thanks all for the direction.

LK