[CentOS] Canon Printer Woe

Colin Coles

colin at wemoto.com
Wed Dec 16 14:12:57 UTC 2009

Hi,
 Has anyone had any success using a Canon LBP5300 with CentOS or any other RH
type os for that matter, using the rpms and intructions downloaded from the
Canon website? I have it working on XP and OS X both via USB and network but
am having no success with either on CentOS 5.4 . Print jobs seem to be
processed correctly by CUPS but the printer doesn't respond at all and the
jobs show up as completed in the CUPS job list. I do not know how to test the
ccpd daemon but it seems to be running. Any pointers greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Colin.