[CentOS] Problems with nss_ldap - where to start?

Peter Serwe peter.serwe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 21:56:51 UTC 2009

I am largely, vehemently against webmin or any other gui tools for system
administration, including the X11 tools..

And, to be honest, it pisses me off that virt-install is broken, but
virt-manager can create a new VM for me just fine, even though it hangs on
granular package selection..

gui tools don't script so easily, #!/bin/bash is my favorite tool.

And webmin is a big hairy security hole.

It was useful for a moment though.

Peter

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM, <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:

> You wrote:

> >  Tried webmin.  Blew out my whole ldap database and used webmin to create
> > a new tree, and an example user.  Guess what?  My example user fails the
> > same way.
> >
> > I'm running slapd with -d 128 as well..
>
> Can you use webmin on the server? If so, that's good. Then, can you use it
> from a client? If not, what errors is it showing, or what is it not able
> to find? There are two or three different places to go in webmin (not
> happy with that, though I like it in general).
>
>        mark

Peter Serwe
http://truthlightway.blogspot.com/