[CentOS] Old hd, new machine

Jussi Hirvi listmember at greenspot.fi
Thu Dec 17 15:05:26 UTC 2009

On 17.12.2009 15:22, Les Mikesell wrote:
> If the disks take the same driver it should boot or at least get to a point
> where you get an error message with the reason.  Are you sure it isn't a cable
> or drive select problem?

I don't think there can be a cable select problem with SATA drives. :-)

Anyway, another drive booted ok when attached to the same SATA cable.

I did not get an error message, in fact the bootup hang on a blank
screen (I have not seen that before) some time before the CentOS splash
screen (I don't remember more exactly anymore, and cannot check).

- Jussi

--
Jussi Hirvi * Green Spot
Topeliuksenkatu 15 C * 00250 Helsinki * Finland