[CentOS] PHP-5.3 in Centos 5.4

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Dec 18 02:22:42 UTC 2009

On 12/17/2009 10:01 PM, Albert wrote:
> http://dev.centos.org/centos/5Server/testing/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
> c5-testing. Please verify its path and try again

In the .repo file, where it has baseurl=http, look for the bit that
reads $releasever, and change that to '5'. So your like should hen look
like :

baseurl=http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/$basearch/

and try again. Also, I would highly recommend you dont set enabled=1 in
the .repo file. Leave that as enabled=0, and use something like:

yum --enablerepo=c5-testing list php\*

and

yum --enablerepo=c5-testing install php (and any other pkg you need from
that repo ).

- KB