[CentOS] Fetchmail question

Brian Kirkman bkirkman at qwest.net
Fri Dec 18 15:56:47 UTC 2009

Davy Leon wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> This question is about fetchmail running on my Centos 5.3 box.
> I need to fetch my email from different accounts living on remote
> servers and drop it on my local mailbox.
> The question is wich way is faster for fetchmail... using POP3 or IMAP?
>
> Thanks
>
> David

I know I'm avoiding the direct question, but I use getmail to retrieve
mail from a pop3 account and run it through procmail to distribute it to
local imap folders.  I'm not sure how well it works for multiple
accounts, as I only use it for one account.  It's been a while since
I've set it up, so I don't remember too many details.  Perhaps check it
out if you feel you need an alternative to fetchmail, and if you need
any help, I can go back and see how it's set up.

-Brian