[CentOS] Evolution search menu

Frank Cox

theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 20 04:19:50 UTC 2009

When I switched my main desktop computer from Fedora to Centos, I moved
my email from Sylpheed to Evolution.  (Reason:  Sylpheed for Centos
doesn't boldface unread messages in the message list box and newer
Sylpheed versions won't compile on Centos.)

Evolution works fine, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the
"previous/next" buttons that appear at the bottom of the Evolution
window after I do a search.

Detail:  I enter a search term in the "Search" box over the message
list.  Two buttons "previous" and "next", plus a "match case" checkbox
and "Matches: X" (where X is the number of matches found in the message)
appear at the bottom of the Evolution window, just below the message
text.

That bar is fine while I'm doing the searching, but the only way I can
get rid of that after I complete my search is to exit and re-load
Evolution.

Is there another way to get rid of it?