[CentOS] Optimizing CentOS for gigabit firewall

rainer at ultra-secure.de rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sun Dec 20 21:16:02 UTC 2009

> I've got a garage full of tools at my disposal.  However, for the task at
> hand, which is nailing a nail, there is no tool more appropriate than the
> aforementioned hammer.

Yeah, but the original poster's only tool seems to be the CentOS
sledge-hammer.
I could understand him if the answer to his question was "IRIX" or "Buy an
IBM mainframe".
I think even in large enterprises with a strict policy about what OS and
what applications can go into a datacenter, there should be a way to
define exceptions. Because there are always cases where the
"one-size-fits-all" policy just doesn't fit at all.

Rainer