[CentOS] routing with 2 ISPs

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Dec 20 22:04:01 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 19:54 +0100, David Hláčik wrote:
> Computers from local network range 10.123.123.0/24 (eth0.7) should
> access internet using my second internet provider via ppp0.

This may be too simple for your needs, but it took a while for the light
to come on for me about this when I set up something similar.

I have two Internet connections, one cable and one DSL.  I want to have
some of my computers on the cable connection and some on the DSL
connection, but I want all of my computers to be on the same internal
network.

Solution:  Put a router on each modem with a different address.  Assign
the default gateway on each computer depending on what outside
connection it is supposed to use.  192.168.0.1 == cable, 192.168.0.254
== DSL.

Nothing to it.