[CentOS] Monitoring Dynamic IPs using Some network monitoring tool

Jake jakepaulus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 14:57:55 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan <
raju.rajsand at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have one centos server for network monitoring.
>
> there are remote devices which are connected through ADSL lines and
> hence Dynamic IPs
>
> Q1. Is there any tool which is capable of handling this type of situation?
> Q2. Is there a workaround for this problem

I think it really depends on the type of monitoring you'd like to do and the
type of tool you're trying to use now. For example, we use Nagios to monitor
our systems. With Nagios, you could use passive checks. This is where the
programs that monitor your server run locally on the server and submit
results to the central monitoring server. The central Nagios server can
alert based on the results it receives or based on the fact that it hasn't
received results for a period of time.

--
Jake Paulus
JakePaulus at gmail.com