[CentOS] Monitoring Dynamic IPs using Some network monitoring tool

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 11:09:11 UTC 2009

Greetings,

> 2009/12/22 Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>

again,

>> Thanks for the reply
>>

> In the past I had a dyndns mounted using bind + dhcpd. You can see an
> example here:
>
> http://www.howtoforge.com/fedora_dynamic_dns

The dhcp server is not under my control, far from it is from different ISPs

> Also, you can use an external dyndns service like dyndns.org and ddclient to
> update info.

Is is possibile to run on'e own dyndns service?

BTW does GNUDIP does the same? assuming it is hosted on a public IP
and all the remote location point to this IP as DNS server?

Please pardon my ignorance... I know about OS, HA and the bits, but
well this networking beast... I need some more handholding perhaps

Thanks again for prompt reply

Regards,

Rajagopal