[CentOS] conga and "virsh nodeinfo"

Dirk H. Schulz

dirk.schulz at kinzesberg.de
Tue Dec 22 12:03:47 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

I have run into a confusing problem.

My initial problem is: Conga does not offer "Add a virtual machine
service". So I googled and found a RedHat advisory on that:
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2009-1623.html
which points updates that should fix this.

I checked on my cluster, but the relevant packages are current (and even
if ALL packages are current it does not work).

So I tried manually what is described in the above advisory:
"virsh nodeinfo --readonly" throws an error saying that "--readonly" is
not implemented. That seems to be the problem.
Running "virh nodeinfo" as a non-root user (like Conga does) leads to an
error as described in the above advisory.
Reading the man page on virsh suggests that there is a --readonly flag
to URIs, not to simple virsh commands.

Now I am stuck. Googleing does not lead to anything helpful.

Has anyone else run into this and resolved it?

Or can someone send me a valid vm ressource entry for the
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf file so I can adapt that? I have not found
really enlightening examples on the web, and docs on this seem quite
sparse.

Thanks for any hint or help.

Dirk