[CentOS] Sparc?

Slack-Moehrle

Tue Dec 29 22:13:52 UTC 2009

My 12 year old wants to learn more about servers and has memorized a lot of commands like ls, chmod, du, etc.
He wants to have his own domain and server on the web and I have enough Static IP's, so why not foster this interest.

I have an old ultra sparc 5. Are there any CentOS versions that support Sparc?

Or recommendations? I know OpenBSD does, but I am more versed in Solaris and versions like Slackware or CentOS or Ubuntu.

He also says that ZFS rules all and is pissed Apple did not adopt it. Kids will be kids!

-Jason