[CentOS] OT: Digital Video Editor for CentOS 5.2 - Suggestions?

Lanny Marcus

Sun Feb 1 14:50:42 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<JCasale at activenetwerx.com> wrote:
<snip>
> There's actually so much more to video than most think. >When you watch a
> video with sound, you are actually watching a >multiplexed stream of one
> video stream and one audio stream (or a few etc).

Our first attempts at editing got the audio slightly out of sync, so
that's something we need to practice.

> The best thing you could do is hang out at >http://www.doom9.org/ although
> windows oriented, the knowledge and understanding >.you'll gain and forum help

Thank you for the link. I will check it out.

> I just looked at http://cinelerra.org/docs.php and was >blown away at how
> shockingly good the documentation is! I'll keep this in >mind next time I
> am on Linux and do any nl video editing (I used to use

I will need to RFM, a lot, before I can use cinelerra properly. One of
my friends in high school is now a Film Editor in Hollywood. I now
have a *tiny* idea about what he does for a living. He received two
Academy award nominations.

Regarding our new Samsung Camcorder, which uses Mini DVDs, in case I
wrote anything Negative about it: My wife used a Mini DVD+RW and there
were no problems, mounting it in our DVD Burners or DVD Readers. Then,
she used a Mini DVD-RW and we couldn't view anything.
She had thoughts of selling it and buying a Canon Mini DV Camcorder,
which is apparently what the majority of people are using (Mini DV
format). This morning, I came into the office and found the Mini
DVD-RW by my computer and a note to enjoy the 2 videos. She read the
Samsung manual last night (which is in English and in Spanish) and she
said it is *outstanding* and that our 8 year old daughter could
understand it. The problem was that with the Mini DVD-RW media, one
must Finalize, before being able to mount in the computer...... She
pointed out that being lazy and not reading the manual was the problem
and now she loves the Samsung DVD Camcorder (and the manual).