[CentOS] Automounter issue

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Sun Feb 1 22:23:41 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 01, 2009, David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com wrote:
>Anyone seen this before?
>
>I have a number of file systems nfs mounted onto clients running
>various versions of CentOS (and Upstream), although mostly they are
>v5.x flavors. =20
>
>The server is a Network Appliance filer.
>
>When the build process for this team runs, it sometimes dies because
>it can't find files in the automounter tree; if the engineer checks,
>he sometimes sees a problem, and sometimes doesn't; for example:

I have never used the automounter, but use the amd automounter in the am-
utils package.  Largely that's because that's what I know from my Caldera
and SuSE days, and we have it running on OS X and FreeBSD as well.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees!
    -- Emiliano Zapata.