[CentOS] OT: procmail recipe question

James Pifer

jep at obrien-pifer.com
Mon Feb 2 15:45:39 UTC 2009

I'm trying to use procmail and I'm having trouble getting it to set some
headers. I have one mailing list that sets Newsgroups: in the header
and I want to remove it. I have the following test recipe:

:0
* ^Subject:.*\<testing
* ^(Mime-Version:|Content-)
| formail -IMime-Version: -IContent-

If I understand it correctly, it should remove the Mime-Verion and
Content headers.

The recipe gets matched but then doesn't deliver correctly:

procmail: Match on "^Subject:.*\<testing"
procmail: Match on "^(Mime-Version:|Content-)"
procmail: Executing "formail,-IMime-Version:,-IContent-"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=formail -IMime-Version: -IContent-"
procmail: Notified comsat: "test@:/home/jep/formail -IMime-Version: -IContent-"
>From jep at obrien-pifer.com  Mon Feb  2 11:43:03 2009
  Folder: formail -IMime-Version: -IContent-                               1010

It looks like it's trying to put it in a folder starting with formail. I
tried putting the mail file on the next line (/var/mail/test), which is
the same way I do it on my kid's procmailrc's, but it seems to ignore
it. Where does procmail get the LASTFOLDER thing from?

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
James