[CentOS] Automounter issue

David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Mon Feb 2 19:15:13 UTC 2009

Picking up a couple of outstanding questions:

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 05:53:59PM +0000, James Pearson wrote:

> What sort of map is being used for this mount point? i.e. what is the
> contents of your /etc/auto.master ?

# ypcat -k auto.master | grep tools
/tools auto.tools       -hard,bg,nfsvers=3,tcp,intr,rsize=32786,wsize=32768,nosuid

There's nothing in the messages file; I am now sending *.debug to my
syslog host to see if anything interesting shows up.

Nate asked how many clients are mounting; around 300 systems have the
automounter map, but only 30-50 nodes can be expected to be actually
using it.

Closer inspection reveals that the two systems which are having the
problem the most are both v5u1.  I'm starting to suspect that the
root cause is an automounter issue in 5u1.

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh |