[CentOS] kickstart won't kick-off via network

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Tue Feb 3 14:07:53 UTC 2009

Of
>Isaac Hailperin
>Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 2:46 PM
>To: centos at centos.org
>Subject: [CentOS] kickstart won't kick-off via network
>
>What I did:
>First a manual install form DVD. I then used the kickstart
>file /root/anaconda-ks.cfg for a network installation.
>
>Now since I get asked all these questions at boot time, I suspect that
>the kickstart file is not there to answer these questions.

It does use it, it just doesn't find the network-block in ks.cfg. Does your
ks.cfg contain some lines for the networking? You didn't modify the ks.cfg you
mention above, did you?

You can open the ks.cfg you already have and then tweak with the wizard.

I used the kickstart wizard just yesterday to make my own ks.cfg, I suggest
you do the same to add the network part in ks.cfg as well as other stuff. Then
redo what you did before.
	FWIW, I also did a netinstall, like you but slightly different, with
the ks.cfg on a floppy. The gotcha' here is that the netinstall iso doesn't
acknowledge the "linux ks=floppy"-line when I boot with the netinstall-iso.
Booting from cd1 from the regular 6cd-package and then adding "linux
ks=floppy" does. From there I chose http-install and added mirror.centos.org
and the proper path to the v5.2 i386.

HTH.
--
/Sorin