[CentOS] Intel DG33BU motherboard

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Tue Feb 3 15:38:59 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 17:17 +0200, Paolo Supino wrote:
> Hi William
>
>   I didn't trun acpi back on (it's a sure way to freeze the computer).
> I did however find out that Linux ignores the RAID1 that is set by the
> SIL SATA card I have installed :-( See my last post (just a few
> minutes ago) with more details.

Glad you discovered the _symptom_ of the raid problem. However, I'm
_totally_ ignorant_ about raid. I suggest you 1) search the archives for
stuff about raid and 2) start another thread describing your raid issue.
There's a _lot_ of folks on the list who are expert with lots of types
of raid.

What I think I recall from the threads I've seen (I don't know if this
is generally applicable) is that the HD be partitioned for 2
approximately 100GB partitions to be used as boot and the rest defined
for raid. Some suggest that all of the "rest" be an LVM partition for
ease of management.

But, as I said, I'm not knowledgeable, so do start another thread about
your raid concerns after searching the archives. You should find a lot
in there.

--
Bill