[CentOS] Internet problem

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Feb 3 21:53:38 UTC 2009

on 2-1-2009 11:56 PM fabian dacunha spake the following:
> Dear All,
>

> I have a Centos 5.2 server used as a squid proxy server for quite sometime
> and was workin fine
>
> after a power failure the system refused to boot
>
> i jus see the grub boot load screen n then hangs
>
> so using the space bar n with the arrow keys i selected my earlier kernel
> and it booted fine
>
> i think that the latest kernel file i have that
> isvmlinuz-2.6.18-92.1.17.el5xen is corrupted.
>
> how could i restore it back
>
> will yum upgrade solve the problem
>

> appreciate ur help

Since the system boots with the older kernel, you could try removing and
re-installing the non-functioning kernel. This is the easiest way to get the
kernel and the initrd replaced. Make note of any custom settings you might
have for that kernel in the grub.conf file.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and