[CentOS] squid stops working several times a day

Alexander Farber alexander.farber at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 08:20:49 UTC 2009

Thank you,

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:32 PM, John Doe <jdmls at yahoo.com> wrote:
> From: Alexander Farber <alexander.farber at gmail.com>
>> [root at ablprx01 squid]# rpm -qa|grep -i squid
>> squid-2.6.STABLE6-5.el5_1.3
>
> Sadly, CentOS squid packages are quite old.
> Squid recent releases are: 2.7.STABLE5 and 3.0.STABLE12...
> Latest 2.6 is STABLE22
> Try also the squid mailing list...
> But they are going to tell you your version is very old and you should compile the latest stable...

this explains, why OpenBSD+Squid worked well for us
at the same server - I guess OpenBSD's Squid package
is better maintained.

Does anybody know of good Squid rpm's?

For example I use this for Postgres and it works well,
wonder if there are similar repositories for Squid:

$ cat /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-82-centos.repo
[pgdg82]
name=PostgreSQL 8.2 $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/8.2/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-PGDG

[pgdg82-source]
name=PostgreSQL 8.2 $releasever - $basearch - Source
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/8.2/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-PGDG

Regards
Alex