[CentOS] Emergency rescue help needed

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Feb 4 21:43:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:36:30 -0500
Lanny Marcus wrote:

> Also, I am reminded that I need to take our 2 fire extinguishers to
> the fire station and pay them to discharge/recharge them.    :-)

Are you sure you need a full discharge/recharge?  I have several in my
theatre and they have to be inspected and tagged every year by a certified fire
extinguisher guy.  But they only need replacement or recharge if they don't
meet the requirements (I think the inspector weighs them, among other things)
or after something like 10 or 12 years after their last recharge.

I usually seem to end up buying or recharging a new one every year or two
anyway, because one of them somehow manages to fail the inspection.  Depending
on the particular extinguisher, it's sometimes cheaper to replace it than to
recharge it.

Which reminds me -- I have to phone Eugene to make an appointment for him to do
that.  My inspection tags say the next one is due in March.