[CentOS] Yum update conflicts perl-Math-BigInt

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Feb 5 08:31:45 UTC 2009

Dan Carl wrote on Wed, 04 Feb 2009 14:48:23 -0600:

> add check_obsoletes = 1 does nothing

Not in this situation, as you didn't tell everything last time ;-)

> file /usr/share/man/man3/Math::BigInt.3pm.gz from install of
> perl-Math-BigInt-1.89-1.el5.rf conflicts with file from package
> perl-5.8.8-15.el5_2.1

You got the same messages when you installed MailScanner. You should have
woken up *then* ;-)

> This tells me rpmforge has a newer version, but isn't yum-priorities
> suppose to keep rpmforge from updating it?

Correct. But there is no such file in CentOS. You installed the complete
MailScanner package which installs lots of "not so good" perl packages
which either are not necessary (including this one) or can be fetched from
rpmforge. Remove that BigInt package and all shoulkd be well. And do not
install the complete MailScanner package when you do your next upgrade,
install only the mailscanner*.rpm.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany